Monday 3 December 2012

Arriving in Singapore in style

We got upgraded to business class on our flight from Bangkok to Singapore and it was lovely. H was in her element and we enjoyed every minute of it. Three glasses of champagne are a treat anytime but these tasted especially good, I think I've put my beer drinking days behind me! We're very grateful to Cathay for their generosity!

Despite our good work on the wine front, we arrived in Singapore safe and sound and our hotel is lovely. We swam in the huge infinity pool on the 57th floor this evening and looked out over the bay from a bubbling, blissfully warm hot tub. Unfortunately it was raining and it's forecast to rain the whole time we're here which I'm really disappointed about but we're thinking of other things we can do - and of course there are lots because its a brand new city!

The marina bay sands is huge and architecturally very special so now that we've recovered from the cost of it all I think we'll really enjoy it... 5 star luxury aside, the most important thing this hotel offers is free wifi in our room so we feel connected with the outside world. I never would have guessed how essential wifi has become!

We always knew Singapore was going to be a treat and its not let us down. Best of all I get to meet up with an Accenture buddy who's working out here, Mike Sweeney is planning to take us for BBQ seafood on the beach and I can't wait to catch up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment