Saturday 5 January 2013

Fiji continued...

Just in case you were worried that all I've done in Fiji is lie around philosophising about the meaning of life, let me put your mind at rest... Helen and I invented a new form of exercise today!

It basically involves running about a kilometre along the beach and back as fast as possible with the sea coming up to your shoulders. It works best if you quietly hum the Baywatch theme tune to yourself as you go, but that's optional. It's excellent fun and received a thumbs up from the locals who declared it wonderful exercise (or maybe they said entertainment, I can't be sure) and from small children and even one teenage girl who started running through the sea with us. Much to the amusement of an Australian father who made several joke at the expense of us Brits. We plan to repeat this everyday until we go (two more days) and so I'm confident we'll arrive in New Zealand with bodies to rival Elle McPherson.

No comments:

Post a Comment