Wednesday 27 March 2013

Buenos dias Buenos Aires, part two. Time to say goodbye

Our journey back to Buenos Aires is miraculously on time, and gives us time to shower and change before Bonne Maman treats us to dinner and a tango show. We have much needed G&T, red wine and good food before the dancers come on and do their thing. The movement of their bodies, the story they tell, the costumes and the way they dance is just outstanding.













This particular blog is a story of goodbyes. Having done a quick shop in the morning for the essential dulce de leche and empanada pastries, Bonne Maman and I have a teary goodbye before she heads off to the airport. Vicks and I have a lazy day and chilled out movie watching evening, then on her last day (sob) we do a bus tour of the city, stoping at La Poesia, our favourite bar for a spot of lunch.




And then it's off for our final supper and a lovely bottle of fizz (a parting gift from Vicky), a bit of dancing (both in the flat and on the balcony) and a lot of hugging.


Vicks gets up with me at 5am to say goodbye. She has been the best travel buddy and I've loved every minute of our wonderful adventure together - apart from the hospital admission, during which she was absolutely brilliant. I know I'll miss her terribly, but well be reunited in a month and Jess Veale awaits me in Peru.

No comments:

Post a Comment