Saturday 24 November 2012

Phew!

So as you now know Helen has been really poorly... this has had its low moments as I'm sure you can imagine... I'm not especially proud of trying to make the nurses take her drip out as they were inserting it because it was hurting her so much and during the first few days when H was poorly my inability to help her, or even know how serious she was, was a cruel and usual challenge. However, one of the (very) few bright sides of the dengue fever has been that we've had more time in hoi an, which is a lovely place, also being parted from our tour group has been a good respite from delayed flights, 6am bus rides and constant movement.

I'm just so relieved and thankful that she's getting better, there won't be any lasting ill effects and that our Vietnamese hospital experience was so ideal considering alternative developing world hospital standards. Or maybe the nhs really does have something to answer for if Helen's care is representative of a developing country's health provision.  Something I'll mull on!

And now we have two days of fun before flying to Cambodia! Helen is having a couple of dresses made, we've done sight seeing, swimming and toe ring buying. Very shortly we're going for some very tasty food. I'm SO happy to have my travelling buddy back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment